lundi 30 mai 2016

Which Android Testing libraries should be used?

I am new to Android testing. I have used Espresso at one point for testing my app but it wasn't something that would reveal all the reasons I should use Espresso. So when I searched for Android testing, I got overwhelming number of libraries. Now I am trying to figure out what is the purpose of each of these libraries and when should I use which one?

Skimming through the internet, I found JUnit, Espresso, Mockito, RoboElectric, Monkey.

From what little I know,

  • JUnit is used for testing pure JAVA code because it tests the code in JVM.

  • Espress is used to test UI (however I used it to test the whole app i-e; logic and UI by running the tests on the emulator and verifying if the UI was visible after a certain logic, so I don't know why would one use JUnit)

Rest of them I don't know anything about. Can somebody tell the scenarios where each one of the mentioned libs will be used and why?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire