mercredi 31 août 2016

Typescript testing in Jasmine in Visual Studio environment

I have looked for three days straight now, and I have great problems finding a good guide to this setup:

Goal: Unit testing of functions created by developers in our team.

Solution uses Visual Studio 2015 (+ Resharper).

Solution contains Web project, which is an Angular2 based website, with code written in typescript. This typescript is what is supposed to be unit tested.

What I managed to do: Set up Jasmine as separate project in the solution. It works, I can create tests that test themselves (expect(7+1).toBe(8) kind of thing).

What I failed to do: Set up Jasmine to be able to compile .ts stuff on the fly (I guess?), to be able to reference .ts files and test them.

TL;DR: I need help setting up a Visual Studio project, in an already existing Angular2 solution, that will allow me to use Jasmine to unit test typescript files. (Perhaps someone has run across a guide that would help).

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire