vendredi 26 décembre 2014

Sails.js and Mocha: Using supertest to create a new model

I'm currently setting up testing infrastructure for my Sails app, and it was going smoothly until I tried testing API requests with supertest.


I'm trying to test some of my controller methods (that I implemented instead of using the default blueprint routes), but it seems like the API request isn't even going through. The reason I think this is because I can run npm test and this code will run fine, but if I change the POST path to /datamodel/create5, where create5() does NOT exist as a controller method, it still runs fine... In both cases, a DataModel model is NOT created. I've included some code below.


This is what my code looks like:



var request = require('supertest');
var assert = require('assert');
var async = require('async');
var stubs = require('../stubs.js');

describe('DataModel', function() {
var testDataModel;
var dataModelParams = stubs.dataModelStub(); // simply returns a JSON dictionary

describe('#create()', function() {
describe('data model import', function() {
it('should import a new data model.', function (done) {
var agent = request.agent(sails.hooks.http.app);

agent
.post('/datamodel/create')
.send(dataModelParams)
.expect(302)
.end(function (err, res) {
if (err) {
throw new Error(err);
}
console.log(res.dataModel);

DataModel.find().exec(function (err, dataModels) {
console.log(dataModels); // should return an array of 1 model but returns empty array instead
done();
});
});
});
});
});


Snippet of my controller code:



create: function(req, res) {
DataModel.create(req.params.all(), function dataModelCreated(err, dataModel) {
if (err) {
sails.log.debug(err);
}

FlashService.success(req, 'Successfully imported a new data model.');
fs.ensureDirSync(path.join(sails.config.paths.DATASET_EXTRACT_PATH, dataModel.fileSafeName));
fs.ensureDirSync(path.join(sails.config.paths.DATASET_DOWNLOAD_ROOT, 'non_pii', dataModel.fileSafeName));
fs.ensureDirSync(path.join(sails.config.paths.DATASET_DOWNLOAD_ROOT, 'pii', dataModel.fileSafeName));
fs.ensureDirSync(path.join(sails.config.paths.DATASET_ENCRYPT_PATH, dataModel.fileSafeName));
return res.redirect('/admin/manage_data_models');
});
}


Note that the create function runs correctly in practice when my app is launched. Any suggestions as to why my test isn't working properly? I'm using sails-memory for the tests if that helps.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire