jeudi 26 février 2015

Front end javascript testing using Require and Resharper

So I've been trying to figure out how front end testing works (unit testing) but I am getting stuck on some point.


So I have my jasmine test set up as follows:



describe('Blabla', function () {

it('returns true', function () {
var people = require(["people"], function(ppl) {
return ppl;
});
expect(people.getTitle()).toBe('People piolmjage');
});
});


But running this gets me:



TypeError: undefined is not a funtion



So obviously, people is undefined. So perhaps my callback comes in too late. But if I remove the callback I get following error:



it('returns true', function () {
var people = require("people");
expect(people.getTitle()).toBe('People piolmjage');
});



Error: Module name "people" has not been loaded yet for context: _. Use require([])



I figure there is something wrong in my setup...Anyone have any idea how to get this FE testing to work?


I did manage to get it to work from console and using define combined with phantomjs and the durandal test files but I need this to work outside of the console and hereby I cannot use this define because the test runner won't find my tests.


That's why I need to use the CommonJS was of getting the required viewmodels.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire