mercredi 27 avril 2016

Why use JUnit test suites?

I'm going to be implementing some unit tests using JUnit in some upcoming tasks for work. I have slight experience with JUnit from my previous employer, but while I was studying, I came across test suites. I don't have any idea if I'll be using them, but I was particularly interested in why they even exist.

Can someone give me a practical situation where I'd ever want to use a test suite, and also, what are advantages of using test suites as opposed to just using various independent tests?

EDIT: I feel this question isn't a duplicate since other answers to similar questions give a general definition, or a code snippet (as far as I could see) and I'm looking for a more practical use of suites from a design perspective. I'd like to know why bundling tests together may be a good idea, or why it may not be, etc.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire