We don't release app store builds to the iOS app store ourselves, but instead we send the signed binary to the customer, who does the actual upload. This means we don't have the benefit of the additional checks that iTunesConnect does prior to accepting a binary.
A few times we have found the customer has come back and said something is wrong with the binary after they attempt the upload. Two examples:
- iPad support was enabled when it should not have been
- A number of language localizations were added that were unwanted
The former happened because we created a new build target and accidentally accepted the dialog that comes up asking if you want to add iPad support.
The latter happened when we added a third-party library. As an unintended (and still not very well understood) side-effect, support for a bunch of new languages was added to the project. Our app is only in English.
It's only me supporting this project and I'm a novice. I suppose a very on-the-ball and seasoned expert would know to watch for these things. But at my level, I feel like Xcode is tripping me up and it's causing tension with the customer.
I would like it if I could write a test or something that would scream at me if these types of changes get made without me explicitly doing it myself. Naturally, no piece of software is going to be able to read my mind and know what changes I do/don't want to make. But as I learn about these things I can add them to my tests.
Is there a testing framework that can scan the projects/targets and verify certain conditions?
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire